Friday, December 19, 2008

Why?!!... Something completely unrelated to Midnight Sun

Can I ask a question please? Okay, 2 questions.... What is the big deal with replacing Taylor Lautner as Jacob? I've made my daily rounds with Twilight updates and whatnot, and it seems that the major thing right now is whether or not Taylor Lautner will resume his role as Jacob Black.

I just don't get it. Taylor is a cute kid and it worked for Twilight, but in the following novels his character physically grows quite significantly and is basically a 20 something year old man physically, but is still 16. Yeah, I read that Taylor has gained like 19 lbs of muscle, but has he grown like 5 inches?? I also read that if he is signed he will guarantee another 10 lbs by filming in March. Impressive, I guess. Who would want to give their part up in this francise, afterall? I would fight for it too. I give him that much. Because of his heart, I think I will root for him some.

Michael Copon has been openly interested in this particular part. Though he is a handsome guy, I don't know if it could work... with that said, if Taylor doesn't get the part, I myself would be more than happy to see Steven Strait in the role. Has anyone seen 10,000 b.c.? Or the Covenant? He is quite the looker if I may say so myself.

I just don't think it's necessary for the fans (although they claim to be die hard) to boycott the movie if Taylor isn't chosen for the part. I believe they are empty threats- they'll go see it anyways because if they don't, say goodbye to Eclipse and Breaking Dawn on the big screen. The movie guys will make the best money making decision, I'm confident of that. Overeacting and making a fuss will NOT get anyone anything they want. It's like my 2 year old when he freaks, I don't give in because if I do, he will think that he calls the shots. Sad, but true Twilighters, we don't call the shots, so I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and sit back and relax.

This goes for the Midnight Sun people too. I want all of it too, we just need to be patient and hope this francise doesn't eat itself alive. I'm very tired today, I hope I've made some sense in this entry. Please, overzealous ones, as Stephenie Meyer said, "Torches and pitchforks are not going to be necessary."

1 comment:

Callie said...

Steven Strait is the perfect Jacob, after seeing the fan trailer i went onto read the whole Twlight sagar and in my head he was Jacob, no offence to the lad who played him before but as you said Jacob is ment to have changed dramaticly so he may aswell get better looking! lol