Friday, December 12, 2008

IN RESPONSE TO ALL MY EMAILS CONCERNING THE FUTURE OF SAVEMIDNIGHTSUN.COM

First, it has been so long since I last posted. Just getting ready for Christmas and sick kids... again. But I posted this on the forum on http://www.savemidnightsun.com/


I figured I should address this "issue" since it has been made into one. Over the last few weeks, I've received dozens of emails asking about the future of this site. I've also received a few "hate" emails about how it is going to be my fault that Midnight Sun is going to not be written.
First, here is a quote from Stephenie Meyer herself in an interview from ew.com

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Is Midnight Sun still dead to you, or can you see finishing and publishing it in the future?

STEPHENIE MEYER: It's really complicated, because everyone now is in the driver's seat, where they can make judgment calls. ''Well, I think this should happen, I think she should do this.'' I do not feel alone with the manuscript. And I cannot write when I don't feel alone. So my goal is to go for, like, I don't know, two years without ever hearing the words Midnight Sun. And once I'm pretty sure that everyone's forgotten about it, I think I'll be able to get to the place where I'm alone with it again. Then I'll be able to sneak in and work on it again.


With this quote here, I'm understanding this as more that she wants the business aspect to chill... not her fans. She doesn't answer to us (the fans), she answers to herself and makes her decisions with her publishers and whoever else is involved.

That being said, I'm going to continue to keep the site running and collecting signatures as I have since the site went live on the internet. I also invite further discussion on the message boards. This site is here for viewing and it is my hope that Stephenie Meyer has indeed seen this site. She has many adoring and loyal fans to the Twilight series, that's for sure. That is the very purpose of this site... we the fans are united in solidarity for the support of Stephenie Meyer and her characters that she so lovingly created for us... Edward in particular- ha ha!

Yes, Midnight Sun is what we fans are desperate to have. It will come, eventually- let's keep hope strong and continue with our support of our favorite author. Let's help Save Midnight Sun through our kind words and support- let's see how many signatures we can get... how cool would it be to get a million signatures to show her how much we care for her and this particular project?!

Hopefully, I've shed some light for those that were confused or angry with this site. I'm proud to have thought of it as I'm proud that you all have joined in to help with this "cause". Take care and "Be Safe" to all


Jaime
SaveMidnightSun.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i saw and read Stephanie's comment to entertainment weekly, i just have to say, its like torture. idk if im happy about her "goal",.. "my goal is to go for, like, I don't know, two years without ever hearing the words Midnight Sun "